Monday 2 June 2008

Adventures in Healthy Living

So this has been a pretty big year for me so far... I've given up caffeine, cigarettes and now I've completed a cleanse. My husband and I purchased a cleanse that was highly recommended to us by a friend. Sceptical to the end, we gave it a shot... we had a choice between a 9 day cleanse or a 30 day cleanse. We decided in the end to buy a 30 day cleanse and split it between the 2 of us for a 15 day total. It ended up costing about the same as two 9 day cleanses but with almost an extra week.

It was such an easy, gentle cleanse. As the toxins moved out of our bodies, we increased in energy and noticeably our moods improved. We learned meal planning and broke some serious processed carbohydrate addictions. I personally lost 10 lbs and over 15 inches off my body, Cory lost 18 lbs and 15 inches off his body. Most of which came off our tummy's, of course results vary from person to person.

I've had to buy new clothing (oh the humanity) as I dropped 2 full dress sizes. I used to dread buying clothing as it just reaffirmed how far the mighty have fallen. I found clothing shopping to be enjoyable and I actually feel sexy and attractive again. I'm planning on continuing with the weight loss program. I'd love to lose another 30 lbs... maybe one day soon, I'll post before and after pictures (if I can find any befores... )

3 comments:

Catheroo said...

Wow. That's awesome. And you might not know it (because I usually lurk), but I gave up coffee after I read your post about giving up caffeine. And now I don't miss it. So thank you!

So now...what's this cleanse you did? I'm intrigued.

Enjoy the shopping!

Shelagh said...

That's AWESOME Catheroo... I was shocked how little I missed caffeine. I had a cup of caffeinated coffee about 2 months after I gave it up and it literally made me sick. I felt AWFUL! For the cleanse, I gave up even my decaf coffee. I had a cup of decaf on day 15 and it upset my belly... no more decaf for me.

Here's a link about my cleanse...

http://drspeaksout.com/

I can hook you up with my sales rep if you are interested in more information, I can't praise it enough...

HeatherK said...

Hey Shelagh, Great success I'm not ready to part with my Java yet but will let you know when I am.