Tuesday 29 December 2009

Adventures in Motherhood - Baby's first cold

So the last few days have been... trying. Connor is sporting his first head cold. The poor guy can't breath through his nose, he thinks that saline drops are gonna drown him and the nose sucky thing (name is completely escaping my exhausted mind) is trying to steal his brain. Sleeping is a challenge as apparently breathing through his mouth hasn't been considered as an option yet so he's cranky, sleepy and stuffy... just the recipe for a fantastic time. To top it all off, he has diarrhea (I'm so glad I hit that diaper sale).

I woke with a sore throat this morning and Cory has aches and pains.

One bright spot is that he hasn't been spitting up as much at all even without his Zantac dosages. I am suspicious that the Zantac has no impact on the quantity of spit up and he is just starting to grow out of it... only time will tell...

3 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

At 8 months Cavan has finally had the spitting up diminish- hurray!

Good luck getting through the cold. Stuffy noses are the worst.

Shelagh said...

We survived... he's feeling like a million bucks...

Glad to hear that Cavan's spitting up has diminished... you have to know how jealous I am :)

Ariel said...

Dont worry soon it will go off... that is normal because of the undevelop sphincter... I gave my baby Zantac when his having too much vomiting. Got it www.medsheaven.com