Saturday 30 August 2008

Adventures in a New Town

We have been in Woodstock for almost a entire month. What a great little town this is...

I've been travelling to Fredericton everyday for training which has added an extra 2 hours on my day but I'm finally done with training. I start back in the Woodstock site on Tuesday after a 3 day weekend. I'm very excited about getting to work finally. Training was great but I'm ready to rumble now.

We have been exploring our options to replace the car... I was renting a car for the past 3 weeks to travel but now it's time to own something of my own. Cory has been in contact with a car dealer ship and these are my choices....
  1. A used 2007 Cobalt for $14 K - no warranty and a monthly payment of $331 (9% interest)
  2. A used 2002 Grand Am for $5 K - no warranty and a monthly payment of $220 (13% interest)
  3. A new 2008 Pontiac G5 for $18 K - a 5 year warranty and a monthly payment of $260 (0% interest)

So it looks like the G5 is the winner. I'm a little floored that a new car is the way to go but why fight it. With the G5, I am getting a standard transmission which is perferred and I get to pick the color. I'm actually a little pumped about getting my first new car.

At this point I just want wheels again. There is so much adventuring I need to do and I've been stuck in my neighbourhood except for cab rides.

A cab ride within the town is only $4.50 so it hasn't been that much of a hardship except that they double and triple up passengers. But that also means that I get to meet people and see different parts of town. My glass is still half full. Honestly, the biggest downfall has been the cab drivers great love for loud bluegrass music. Thankfully the rides aren't that long.

1 comment:

pebblito said...

The reason my last 2 cards have been new is because with the low interest rates it's always cheaper. Plus you get the great warranty. And who doesn't love new car smell?
Ain't good credit grand? ;)
Congrats on the new wheels.