Tuesday 1 September 2009

Obituaries

I've blogged about this before but it has been some time... I read the obituaries... always have... I don't know where this came from although my mother reads them as well so the apple may not be falling far from the tree.

I look for people I know, then ages of people... when I find someone that I deem "too young" I look deeper to try to determine why young people die. But my true desire is to find a well written obituary that tells a story about the person who has passed away. Just a glimpse into the life of the person... I found one this morning... Kudos to the author... it really shows the world the love that is felt for this man...

JOHNSON, Wayne Edward Joseph
— Was married to the love of his life, Evelyn, for 44 years. He passed away suddenly on August 27, 2009, at his home in Paradise, Annapolis Co. Wayne "Dad, Grampie" could often be heard telling stories of all the places he had travelled to over the years as a sailor and member of the air force. You could talk about a place somewhere and get a reply "Oh yeah, I've been there." A smile could always be found whenever he was with his grandkids. He loved them so much and didn't mind acting silly around them either This often meant, he was on the receiving end of not so flattering hairdos given to him by his many granddaughters, but that was okay. He loved food, so much so that he spent part of his life as a cook, and then later, satisfied his entrepreneurial spirit operating his own taxi business. He cared about people, loved his family and cherished animals. The squirrels that came to the house feeders quickly became pets. He'd give them a little scratch on the back as they ate and tell anyone nearby to do the same. They only stayed for him.

Wayne "Dad, Grampie" you are dearly missed. Only 67, Wayne was born in Halifax. He was the son of the late Gerald and Veronica (Juteau) Johnson. He is survived by his wife, the former Evelyn Mabel Keddy....

No comments: