Sunday 21 September 2008

Adventures in Fertility

With all the changes recently, we had put our fertility situation on a back burner. Moving and starting a new job was enough on our plates for a bit. Things have settled in and this morning I took my first Clomid. The perscription is for 5 pills to be taken on day 3-7 of my cycle. Fertility drugs are not covered by a medical plan and cost about $40 for the 5 pills (Canadian prices).
Clomid should not be taken for more than 6 months and is designed to teach your body how to ovulate again. Majority of those who take it become pregnant within 3 months. From what I have read, the maximum Clomid cycles are 3 rounds of 6 months of treatment before moving to the next level of treatment.
As for side effects, most of them sound like PMS (rapture). Today I feel like crud but that was a result of a run in with a case of beer and a late night. I am not blaming the Clomid for my hang-over... but if my hangover hangs out for a few days, I may change my mind.

No comments: