Saturday 24 January 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 9 Weeks, 0 days

The baby is now the size of a grape. We have been a sesame seed, a lentil, last week was a raspberry and now we are at grape... I thought that grape was the most abstract measurement of them all... grapes come in so many sizes.. concord through to champagne grapes.. big freakin difference. So, I've decided to settle on the size of red seedless grapes... green seedless seem to be too big.

This week was quasi-uneventful. I spent most of the week in bed due to a touch of the flu.. the biggest problem was the headache that felt like a ten inch spike embedded in my head every time I stood up. For the most part the headache is gone, but my head still remembers...

Because I slept so much, this became the week of inappropriate erotic dreams and chase nightmares. Both types had a level of horror to them.... ew.

I wake up frequently because my baby fingers and ring fingers have gone to sleep on me. So, I seem to be pinching my ulna nerve somehow. I must be putting pressure on my elbow while I'm sleeping... I've never been good at being conscious of my position when sleeping so this should be entertaining to try to change.

I cried this week for the first time since I found out I was pregnant... It was because of Grey's Anatomy but I have to say I felt so much better afterwards. Crying can be such a nice release. I tend to bottle up emotions and I forget to let them out later... I recommend a good therapeutic cry for everyone who has forgotten to do it lately.

1 comment:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

OMG somehow you guys fell off my blog reader and I've missed the last little while. I'll quietly jump and down for you guys, but I'll do it really load and crazy in a few more weeks. :)