Tuesday 25 August 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 39 weeks, 3 days

So apparently my adventure in pregnancy is coming to a close very soon. I had what should be my last prenatal appointment today. We did book an appointment for next week but the doctor was doubtful that I would need it.

Today we did my usual stuff... blood pressure (120/84 - Poster Child for Blood Pressure), my pee was just pee, I am now up 46 lbs in total (I'm thinking 10 lbs of liquid in each foot alone). I woke up in pain this morning so I mentioned this to the doctor, she felt that a no-stress test might be in order. 20 minutes on the monitor and we recorded one contraction... yay. She checked my cervix and said that it was still quite thick... boo.

So I was told to go home and walk walk walk... come back when I need to... *sigh*

So we have walked around the block, it felt like someone was hammering my pelvis with each step. We are planning on taking the dogs for a little stroll a little later tonight. I'm sure that will be a blast...

The doctor says that the hospital is expecting over 40 babies in September... with 3 labor and delivery rooms.... I'm hoping to be squeezing in early. Maybe jumping jacks will help... ow ow ow...

Oh P.S. My paycheque was hand delivered to the house today by two fantastic women!!

2 comments:

pebblito said...

Walking is painful, but it puts pressure on your cervix, making it thin out. I walked to BC and back trying to get Jess to come early. Ha ha. Linda swore by scrubbing floors on her hands and knees. It got 3 of her 4 babies to come right when she planned them to.

Shelagh said...

Linda is a machine though... terminator of the baby making world...

I did do some floor scrubbing the other day on my hands and knees and all it did was make my knees sore. :( But I'm still open to the idea.