Wednesday 26 August 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 39 weeks, 4 days

Holy crap... still pregnant...

Last night was a long night of timing contractions at irregular intervals. The intervals duplicated on a few but then went back into its randomness. Very frustrating.

Last night's highlight was a rash of phone calls from some of my favourite people. It was so nice to catch up with everyone...

Journey continues to be in heat (she is standing on what remains of my lap as I type). She has been diapered to keep her mess to a minimum. Her initial response to being diapered was complete and total betrayal but now she has come to accept the diapering as not the worst thing in the world. On the bright side, Cory has now had some practice with disposable diapers. He thinks that it would be easier without having to cut a hole for her tail. She seems to like her diaper and the house is filled with the swish swish noise of a diapered bum running around.

Cory seems to be in full nesting mode today... he has vacuumed and mopped the whole house. Unfortunately the load of laundry that keeps getting re-washed in the washer because we keep forgetting about it, was once again forgotten about. I think I need to spend 30 minutes in the basement to ensure it travels from the washer to the dryer.

Today I read over my adventures in pregnancy posts from the beginning... I'm really glad to have documented the journey. Although there are things that did not get blogged about, it triggered memories as I read... I have to really take notice that I had a really easy ride for the past 9 months. No morning sickness, no great emotional upheaval, no life threatening complications... I'm not horribly scarred with stretch marks, but I have some. When all is said and done, I'll post my collection of lessons learned... most will fall under the TMI category but you know what... you got to find the information on the internet somewhere... at least I won't include photographs (that story will follow as well).

6 days to due date... 2 days until we clear the cusp of Virgo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just happened to stumble onto your blog while looking up "9 weeks pregnant" on Google (I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow)...
I think all pregnant women who go through labor have one thing in common afterwards: They tell the most TMI things from the moment of labor on, because at that point, everyone's seen everything, so there's no point in sugar-coating anything about pregnancy or labor. So post away about what you learned, I'm sure all those Moms out there will nod their heads in agreement or laugh when they read what you've learned, as they have been there before, once upon a time :) Good luck to you, I hope your labor is fast and as painless as possible, and I hope your baby comes out happy and healthy.

~Liza