Saturday 24 November 2007

Does it really work?

I came across the Magikball at Zellers (Big Department Store) a few weeks back. I've been wondering about it ever since.

This plastic ball, about the size of a softball, is filled with little beads. It promises to clean your clothing without detergent for a year. It retails for $59.99 as a general rule. All you need to do is once a month it needs to sit on your window sill and recharge the beads.

My inital concern was "Does it take the stinky out?" Without testing myself, the internet tells me that it does. The testimonials, both on the Magik Ball website and off the site, says that it leaves clothing with a non-scent. If you wish to add scent, you can add an essential oil to the rinse water or you could add a fabric softener (this option seemed counter-productive to the goals of reducing our environmental footprint).

It works just as well in cold water. Doesn't pollute the water tables. Reduces allergies. Reduced wasted packaging.

I can't wait to get mine!

http://magikball.ca/

No comments: