Saturday 10 November 2007

Michael Moore's SiCKO

Last night we watched SiCKO, a documentary by Michael Moore. Michael Moore is known for his documentaries such as Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 911. I am a huge fan of Michael Moore. I have to keep in mind when I watch his documentaries that they are designed to disturb but at least the message is clear.

The United States Health care system is an embarrassment to the civilized world. I live in Canada and I couldn't imagine being told I could not have the medical treatment I required. The people featured in SiCKO made my eyes burn and my heart ache. I can't encourage everyone enough to take the time and watch this movie.

My favorite quote from the movie is... "If you can afford to kill people, you can afford to heal people"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlDAUKSh9CQ

No comments: