Thursday 15 November 2007

Where does it all go...

PAY DAY!! Yay, I can finally pick up the things I'm running out of (this paycheque to paycheque life sucks) ... before I get too excited, I have to just pay a few bills...

Let's see what have to pay.... 13.75% of my paycheque is saved for insurance. Insurance is good... my auto insurance is still a little high from a car accident 6 years ago, but that is scheduled to come off my history on the next renewal. My apartment insurance allows me to sleep knowing that if one of my neighbours decides to play with matches and catches the place on fire, I can have replacement underwear. It's all about covering your butt. And life insurance... it's something I don't want to use but when the moment happens I'll have some peace of mind.

Next...

Internet and Cable... my two largest entertainment sources. This one saves me from spending money elsewhere to entertain myself and Cory... 10.2% of my paycheque....

So far about 24% of my paycheque is TOASTED....

Next one is cell phones, this was a whim purchase to save money... cancelled the home phone which we NEVER answered and replaced with 2 cells phones. Seemed like a great deal... $35 for 2 phones with shared minutes... what do you mean, no voicemail or caller ID? That was $10 more per line just to add those... add a few more fees, plus a downloaded game, long distance, and that is.... 9% of my paycheque. Didn't save any money and locked myself into a 3 year contract...

33% gone...

Power... Another 10% of my paycheque... I even bought those nasty fluorescent light bulbs to try to save here. They don't work in dimmer switches and the lighting washes out all the color in the world. Plus they create shadows. I don't like them but I use them in about half of our lamps. Thankfully the fish finally expired, that fish tank was costing about a dollar a day in power...

43% gone.. and I haven't bought groceries yet...

Credit cards... well, these have gotten me out of trouble in the past and now I'm paying for it... deal with the devil blah blah blah... another 10%.

53% gone....

Munchkin needs to be neutered... can't wait on this issue any longer... 17% of my paycheque.

70% gone...

I try to put away a little savings each pay... and when I say "a little", I mean 2.5% of my paycheque... clearly, once again I can't afford this...

So that leaves me with 30% of my paycheque to buy groceries, cat supplies, prescriptions, laundry change and pocket change...

I really hope we don't have an emergency. At least I didn't have to pay any rent on this one...

No comments: