Thursday 31 January 2008

Busy Week

Well.. I know the week isn't over but so far it has been a busy week. I'm off work today and have to work this weekend. Thankfully. Usually working weekends is very boring due to low staffing but fortunately my busy week has translated into lots of work I can do when noone is around.

Monday started with my information session and interview with the Northwest Company. The weather blessed us with sheets of slush and ice on the roads but fortunately we were only travelling a few city blocks to get to the session. The session and interview was a fantastic experience. We learned a lot about the company and the type of environments that are available. The interview was very comfortable and I felt that it went very well. My references have reported back that they have already been contacted. They promised a communication by this coming Monday. It's all very exciting.

At work, I've been taking on extra projects that are right up my alley. I've been troubleshooting a reporting system for another client. That sounds really boring to most but it's something that I really enjoy. I also recieved client funding to increase the size of my current project so I am collecting applications this week and I should be able to start the selection process next week.

This weekend I have to finalize the January results for our front line employees. This should keep me off the streets for the whole weekend.

In the middle of a professionally busy week, I feel like I should be preparing to move away but without knowing if I have the offer, making changes to my home environment seems to be jumping the gun. So I pace around a lot looking at how much stuff I will need to get rid of and trying to distract myself with the best time waster in the world.... video games.

Hopefully all this work this weekend will make the time fly...

2 comments:

DJSassafrass said...

Good for you! Exciting. It's nice to hear someone excited about their job and/or potential job. I have been hunting for a while and almost nothing seems interesting. Sigh. Work makes me sad.

Shelagh said...

Keep your chin up Sassy... I'll be bored and depressed with work again in a week or two... unless I find out that I'm moving away.