Thursday 10 January 2008

New Favorite Hobby

I don't know if I can actually pass this off as a hobby or not but... Online Shopping is my new hobby. For those up north online shopping this isn't a hobby but a life requirement, but I live in a city with a billion shopping options just a few minutes away. Online shopping always seemed like a luxury and shipping and handling made it non-economical.

A few weeks ago I needed to replace the filter on my bag less vacuum cleaner. I could drive 5 minutes over to Wal-Mart and pay 18.97 for this filter but I like to avoid giving Wal-Mart my money whenever possible. Besides, if I go in for an 18.97 filter I will spend another $50 on crap. Plus Wal-Mart had been out of stock on my filter for over a month.

For curiosity only, I pulled up Google product search and searched for my filter. Well, including shipping and handling, I got my vacuum filter for $11.

Today I went searching for a mini DV Cassette for my Camcorder... I found one for $3.50 including shipping and handling. The Best Buy down the street is advertising the sale price of $10.99 for the same one.

This is just feeding the frenzy. Today the Canadian dollar is 0.9943, its payday and I need some stuff!

2 comments:

DJSassafrass said...

We must be total kindred spirits. I waste much of the work day 'shopping' online. Of course by shopping, I mean picking out things, putting them in the cart but not actually buying them. It's a sort of make believe game I play.

Shelagh said...

My game seems to include - finding something I want and then having to fake my way through the purchasing process to discover...

A. They don't ship to Canada

or

B. They'll ship if I hand over my first born child.

I guess it's the thrill of the chase at this point...