Thursday 7 February 2008

Stick a Fork in Me - I'm Done

So... I caught the February cold. I ended up missing work on Saturday, I tried to work on Sunday but after 5 hours of being absolutely miserable, I left. Missed Monday and Tuesday was my day off. Out of the ashes of my misery, I dragged what was left of me to work for Wednesday.

I swear my lungs are trying to escape but my throat is so swollen, the lungs can't get out. My nose is only clear for the 3.5 seconds after I blow it. My coughing makes people feel maternal towards me. Now I have progressed into a new place... when I cough it now feels like someone is pounding a spike into the top of my head.

I feel absolutely betrayed by my normally spectacular immune system. I can't wait for this bad boy to pass. On the bright side, I am now lighter in weight than I have been in years. I wonder if coughing can be considered excerise?

1 comment:

DJSassafrass said...

Ugh...memories, that happened to me while I was in Vegas celebrating my 30th in December. I dropped weight, but it's all back!