Friday 14 March 2008

Back from the Dead

Well... the colds have finally moved on to better hosts. Other than a little left over sniffling and coughing, I feel like I've returned from the dead. I have one more day of work before I enjoy my first vacation of 2008. I have absolutely no plans for vacation... well no concrete plans anyways. I have an appointment for a consultation for Lasik eye surgery on Tuesday and that is about it.

I'm a little excited/apprehensive of my consultation. Back in 1995 I was diagnosed with Graves Disease which impacts the thyroid, eyes and skin. I lucked out with no skin manifestation and a little impact to my eyes... but impact none the less. Graves Disease is an auto-immune disorder and the eye portion is the antibodies attacking the muscles in the back of the eye. When I saw my opthamologist the last time, I asked about Lasik and he told me that Graves is the back of the eye, Lasik is the front... shouldn't be a problem. Yet I'm afraid that they will tell me that I am not a candidate due to eye dryness. That would rot.

I've worn glasses since the 6th grade. I've been very lucky and have only destroyed one set of glasses in the last 20 plus years. Last week, the nose pads fell off my glasses and the 3 hours of wearing my old glasses while we went for repair sealed my decision to have Lasik.

I am very squeamish about having my eyes touched by someone other than me. So this should be a good time.

1 comment:

pebblito said...

I'm off Mon/Tues. You should come visit.