Thursday 17 July 2008

Adventures in Employment, Moving, Mortgages, Construction....

I used to say I was busier than a one arm paper hanger in a paper factory. Apparently I really didn't know what busy was...

Here's a quick run down of my week so far...

My apartment bathroom is getting a new ceramic floor. On the surface this doesn't sound tramatic but.... my apartment only has one toilet. The process requires my toilet to be lifted and placed in my tub for 3 DAYS. My landlady has provided us with an empty apartment 2 floors above us. So everytime we need to go to the bathroom, we have 2 flights of stairs to conquer first. I successful had a bathroom break on a commercial last night (So you think you can dance was on) but I was a little winded when I got back.

We are packing. Still haven't found a way to pack the 4 foot smurf but everything else is going away quickly.

I applied for a mortgage. I hate the waiting game. We found a house in Woodstock that we love and tried to rent it but the owner needs to sell. She says that she could close Aug 1. Fingers crossed. If we get approval, we will have to take the 5 hour drive up to make sure the house is as perfect as we think it is. And of course that is going to make a billion more appointments.

I've had my last doctors appointment with my current doctor. She gave me a years worth of my perscriptions and a years worth of lectures (given out of love). I'm going to miss my doctor. I've been with her since she got out of medical school. Cory has his last appointment with his doctor today

We both have a dentist appointment today for our cleanings.

We have another moving company coming in for another quote for the move.

The car is going in for repair and safety inspection on Monday. Hopefully it won't have to have a sleep over.

Next week, I need to train my replacement at work, hopefully go for a trip to Woodstock and look at real estate. Have lunch and dinners with a ton of people both co-workers and families. I wish I just had so much more time....

No comments: