Wednesday 30 July 2008

Adventures in Moving - Continued

So... today... *sigh*....

Where to start... lets start with movers....

So the movers called. They had decided that it is against their policy to direct bill a company for a single move. I guess they only move the military because I don't know that many company's that do mass employee moves. My HR Manager called and well, she's so sweet and she wanted to know if she could give them a piece of my mind for me. She said that they had moved someone from Halifax a year ago and had a company that had no issue with invoicing. She looked up who it was and told me to call them.

BIG ADVERTISEMENT FOR HOYT MOVING AND STORAGE COMING!!

I called and talked to the nicest lady. She checked to see if she could move us this week but when she couldn't due to bookings, she arranged for a load up on August 5 and she contacted the company to handle the billing. She used my previous quotes to guess the weight. She increased the weight guess and still came in under the previously quoted price. They provide more services for packing AND they provided me with free boxes after they closed for the day. I then got to call the other company and advise them that due to their billing practices we have chosen to go with another company, thank you for your time. *SNAP*

On the other hand, I called Rogers to see what was happening to my cell phone bill and was told that I was exceeding the minutes in my plan to the tune of $80 dollars. When I requested a rate plan change backdated to the beginning of the bill cycle to cover the usage, I was told that it was not possible. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that due to school being out their were no supervisors. I guess they must have all gone to summer camp or something. So after I sent my nasty email to Rogers, I took a grumpy break and read my book. Nothing like a nice murder book to take your mind off poor customer service. I can't wait to cancel with them and make them leave my live forever.

Everything is in place for the move with the exception of my house insurance. The insurance agent doesn't seem to have the same sense of urgency as I do, but I know that I have to have insurance in place for the closing so tomorrow she needs to have everything ready to go for Friday.

Still no RRSP deposit in my account. My HR access for my former employer is still active so they have not completed my resignation yet. So this means the RRSP's are still being held hostage.

Pretty much, I have a list of companies that I'm really not fond of right now.

No comments: