Sunday 13 July 2008

Adventures in Employment

Well, I've been a very bad blogger lately. Apologies to all!! But I have news... not as exciting as Jen of Nunavut's news but still very exciting.

I have a new job. I have given my notice at my current employer... my last day there will be July 25. My new job is in Woodstock, New Brunswick (about 5 hours drive from Halifax, Nova Scotia). It's been a pretty exciting process.

The job posting closed on May 20. Around the beginning of June, I had a phone interview with the HR manager. A week later I had a phone interview with 5 managers... a few weeks after that, they invited me up (all expense paid) to have a meet and greet. And Friday they offered me more than I was asking for...

Now the panic is setting in... need a place to live, have to pack all my crap (wow where did I get this stuff?). Fortunately the company is paying to relocate me. (Who bought this crap?). Have to work for the next two weeks while trying to get all my doctor, dental, etc... completed (Cory, do we really need a 4 foot high stuffed Smurf??).

My mother (forever to be referred to as Saint Mommy) has volunteered to make the drive up to Woodstock with me and the 6 cats. The longest drive that the cats have experienced in their entire lives has been the 9 minutes on the Hwy to get to the vet. We refer to the 9 minute drive as the Hwy to hell. When we get to the vet, they are covered in spit, have dumped at least a pound of hair in the carrier and our ears on the verge of exploding. Should be a good time...

Well I have 23 days to completely upheave my entire life and start work in a whole new world... ACK!!

No comments: