Monday 28 July 2008

Adventures in Moving

So today was a handful of a day...

For the move, I requested a closure of my RRSP account to cover closing costs and other stuff. I requested this to be done on July 14 and was told no worries, 5 days tops. Today the money still wasn't there. With the house closing only 5 days away, my blood pressure started the gradual rise. So I call the RRSP dudes to see what their damage was... It appears that they are stuck until they receive notification from my now former employer that I am not going to be doing any more contributions, once they have that.... 48 hours easy. My last contribution was July 11 and apparently this information has not be confirmed by my former employer.

So I call my former employer and get a fantastic call centre employee who tells me it could take another 2 weeks. I think my head popped off at that point. I called a friend who works in the HR department and she tells me it's could be up to 6 weeks. I think I confused her. But she did tell me that my resignation had not been processed yet.

So then I call NB Power to hook up service. After holding 30 minutes for an associate, they tell me that because I've never had service with NB Power before I will have to pay a deposit totaling $475 that has to be paid prior to hook up OR we can run credit check and see how you do... Run away... 2 more minutes of holding and no more deposit. Yay for good credit!

Then I call the lawyer, they haven't received the mortgage instructions yet. Kinda holding up the show a little bit.

Then I call the movers to book them... nothing available this week but we can load on August 5. Well seeing that I start my job on August 5, I won't be here for the loading. They think they will get the stuff to us in 5-18 days. So it looks like we will be camping in our new house for possibly the first week or two or almost three.

Then my mechanic called to say that the car is ready but he has not safety inspected it. The bill is $1275 and because he can't figure out why the ABS light is on he is not willing to put a sticker on it.

I swear my head has popped off. The sainted Mommy has come to the rescue once again. She is loaning me the closing costs. I called Visa and got an increase on my limit. My mechanic is going to be a proud owner of a post dated cheque. I am willing to camp for a few weeks. I called my mortgage dude and he sent the instructions to the lawyer.

And I'm a proud owner of the world's biggest stress headache!

4 comments:

pebblito said...

Welcome to the joys of home ownership. *hug*

Shelagh said...

Well they say the two most stressful things you can do in life is change jobs and buy a house... at least I'm doing it all at once.

HeatherK said...

I'm sorry to hear such a stressful time. How can I help to resolve your issue?
Need anyone at your old place to watch for movers?
Have fun camping if you can squeeze your headache into the house.

Shelagh said...

Aww thanks Heather... we actually have our neighbour letting the movers in... she's feisty and won't let them forget/break anything.