Saturday 20 June 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 30 weeks, 0 days

Greetings from the land of gestational diabetes. Boooooo

Well, I'm not actually diagnosed with gestational diabetes but I had some slightly elevated glucose results so now I'm testing my blood sugar 4 times a day and watching my diet. No more afternoon cookies :(

So my blood sugar targets are less than 5.3 prior to breakfast and less than 6.7 2 hours after breakfast, lunch and supper... After supper last night I was 7.3 (ooops), this morning was 5.9 (double oooops) and 2 hours after breakfast I was 5.3 (w00t). I have to say that I was hungry from breakfast to lunch though... Lunch was pretty big and I felt full afterwards, I'm just waiting another hour before I can test. I'm hoping to find a balance between good blood sugar and my happiness. If I can't control it with diet, I get to have insulin... ick.

With only 7-12 weeks left, I can suck it up. I'm really gonna miss my ice cream cones :'(

No comments: