Sunday 7 June 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 28 Weeks, 1 day

Welcome to my Third Trimester! 86 Days to Due Date!!

Well, I have this feeling I'm going to be having Connor (we finally named him) early though... someone take note and see if mother instinct has any place at all. If I follow my mother's pregnancies, I'll still be pregnant in October. She cooked us good with 43 weeks and 47 weeks.

I have been saying that I will go early due as it would be ironic. The local hospital is not currently set up for epidurals, however, they will be in September. If I go early, I lose the option. But I keep dreaming that we are having an early birth... so let's see if that has any credence.

Yesterday, we introduced Theo to the next door neighbours 11 month old daughter. I have been very apprehensive of his reaction to little people. You always hear stories of good dogs going bad with a new baby. One of my co-workers had a baby a few weeks ago and their dog is now muzzled based on his reaction to the interloper. Theo licked her face, her ears, her arms... basically covered her with drool. He was very gentle and when he started to get too excited (he is still a puppy) he settled down as soon as he was told. I'm very very very proud of him.

I've learned a few pregnancy lessons this week. Allergy season is in full bloom for me, so I sneeze a lot. I have learned that although I am still master of my bladder, however sneezing is my bladders revenge for overfilling it. We have come to an agreement that I will not overfill my bladder during day light hours and my bladder will not force me to change my clothing. During Nighttime hours, I can still ignore it in exchange for sleep. I am dreaming about peeing a lot more lately though...

Oh yeah, I almost completely forgot... I failed my one hour glucose challenge test. Started the test with a blood sugar of 5.1 and after one hour I was at 9.1. So on Friday, I completed the 2 hour glucose tolerance test. I started with a fasting blood sugar of 5.9, they took three vials of blood from me at one hour intervals... should have the results later this week. Fingers crossed for negative on gestational diabetes...

1 comment:

pebblito said...

You'll go late. YAY for epidurals in Sept!