Tuesday 17 February 2009

Careful What You Hear

Today I had a doctors appointment with my GP to have a prescription refilled (nothing pregnancy related). While I was waiting for the doctor, the medical supply dude showed up and I entertained myself by eavesdropping on the order. It was pretty mundane stuff on the whole... then they moved on to something that lead me to a few questions...

Vaginal speculum's - it seems the office was running low on Large ones...

Back the truck up... they come in different sizes?!?! As I continued to eavesdrop, it was evident that medium was the most popular size. The office did not have a lot of large ladies so they didn't need a large quantity of Large Speculum's.

Understandably this line of information lead me to a billion questions... I returned to work after my appointment and the group discussion began....

How is size determined? Is it a height thing? Weight thing? Breast size? Shoe size? Distance between your eyes? Not one of us could recall a doctor switching up so we determined we were either not very observant or average in size.

I can't wait for my next prenatal appointment to be able to come back to work with some answers for the gang. How did we get this far into life and not realize that vagina's come in different sizes?

2 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I can't wait for that answer!

Judy said...

Jesus - you learn something new everyday - I knew vaginas came in different sizes, just never occurred to me that speculums do. Will be calling you guys soon and will probably have some more comments as I continue reading your history.

Judy