Monday 4 May 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 23 weeks, 2 days

Ahhh Prenatal classes...


Tonight we had the tour of the hospital. I was really looking forward to this for the comfort factor of knowing the environment. Feeling warm and fuzzy about the road I was wandering down...


Unfortunately, human nature is human... when you get a professional somewhere when they have to speak, they start telling anecdotal stories. With a delivery nurse, this means that we hear stories about CRAZY women who don't want drugs who end up screaming, crying and begging for drugs... very comforting, I can assure you.


She also made a point to remind us that birthing is dirty business. At this point of my pregnancy, I wish to be in denial. I want to imagine the birthing experience as buttercups and dragon flies... I know it is unrealistic but I'm passed the point of no return. I know it's not a realistic attitude but denial is a wonderful place!! Next time it happens I'm putting my fingers in my ears and going to go to my happy place...


I also have to admit that Cory was right and I was wrong.. he wanted to leave half way through class and I told him that something important might be taught... he was right, I was wrong... we should have run for the hills when the door was open.


Anyway... enough of prenatal classes... we replaced the camera today and here's my latest belly shot...


1 comment:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Holy belly! You look awesome! (funny afterfact-- verification word is horni) hahahaha.