Thursday 14 May 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 24 weeks, 6 days

I now have a full description of hell... Hell is... 6 months pregnant, with a head cold, unable to take any cold medications due to pregnancy and thyroid condition... this alone is pretty dreadful... now add an 8 hour plane ride with a 2 hour lay over.

In my life, I have had some pretty serious migraines. Migraines that have taken me to the emergency room for IV medications... yet I had still not encountered the pain of descending from 35,000 feet before in my life. Fortunately with the layover, I got to do it twice! It felt like someone was stabbing my face with a hot ice pick. I will not be flying for the rest of my pregnancy and I will not fly again during a pregnancy just for the fear of the sinus pain again.

I now sit and reminisce about the good ol'days when I could breathe through my nose...

Another valuable life lesson learned this week... Never EVER sneeze while peeing...

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Awww Shelagh! I totally feel for you!!!! I too went through the head cold with no medication, not anything I ever want to go through again. Although I think you had it much worse with having to fly with it... I really hope you are feeling better soon! By the way, Beautiful Belly pic, you look great!