Wednesday 22 April 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 21 weeks, 4 days - The Naming Game

I apparently have no understanding of the intricacies of naming a new person. Every name that I have presented has been shot down for various reasons too common, too weird, too apt to have the child beaten up, can be shortened to an unfortunate nickname.

I have decided I will not be naming our son. Cory must come up with the name. I have reserved the power of Veto.

Cory and his co-worker, Dave have spent literally days searching the Internet and compiling lists of potential boy names... I wish I could find the list... but here are few of the highlights...
  • Ace
  • Gage
  • Sage
  • Grayden
  • Conor
  • Brock
  • Blaze
  • Moon
  • Shadow
  • many many more...

I really like Grayden but Cory has removed it from the list as it will be shortening to Gray and that would make the child too old...

I like Conor but it is a touch too common...

I like Brock but Cory has decided he is uncertain about that one...

I have Veto'd the rest... Cory has decided that looking at names is no longer fun and has given up (for the time being anyways)

At this point our son will be named "Baby Boy"... this might give him a hard time once he becomes an adult but it is original. I don't know anyone named Baby Boy...

3 comments:

pebblito said...

J. would have been "baby boy G." if she'd been a boy. Thank goodness she was a girl. ;)
YOu'll find something. K.'s name choice was a mediocre lukewarm conciliation on the part of his father and I.

DJSassafrass said...

"Baby Boy" will almost ensure his success as a rap artist! uh...nice call passing on Moon and Shadow...it's a Cat Stevens sort of theme.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

We hadn't decided on Joe's name until about a month before we had him. We must have went through HUNDREDS of names. Of course, you could just use the verification word as a name: imbkbon. It would certainly be original and you can't shorten it. :)