Monday 27 April 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 22 weeks 2 days

Had my latest prenatal appointment today. I was sooo scared about climbing onto that scale. My diet has been... frivolous at best... if I wanted it... I had it... My son is going to be born looking for a Big Mac and a chocolate soft serve ice cream. I have never been a pop (soda) drinker but I have consumed more pop in the past month than I usually do over an entire year. I was sure I was DOOMED.

I am up another 3 lbs... total of 21 lbs over 22 weeks... I'm very proud... we celebrated with a Big Mac Combo.

Overall I'm doing well... my TSH (thyroid) is 2.41 (perfect). My blood pressure is 116/74. My uterus should be measuring to my belly button... and it is. My serum testing (for genetic disorders) came back negative. My ultrasound shows my due date as my original due date. The baby's heart beat is 148. All is good...

I'm waiting anxiously for 2 more weeks when the baby is at 24 weeks. At 24 weeks, the baby is "viable" which means if something really horrible happens, he could survive outside of me. We don't want that but it's a nice safety net.

2 comments:

pebblito said...

It's possible to survive at 24 weeks, but the survival rate is generally 50/50. I don't count it as a "safety net" until you reach at least 28 weeks. Then you're likelihood of survival jumps to close to 90%. I like them numbers better.
Not that it matters, with your mother's history of 10 month gestations.

Shelagh said...

She was 3 weeks overdue with me and 7 weeks overdue with my brother... That just ain't right!!