Monday 6 April 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 19 weeks 2 days

I'm a little slack this week with my weekend blog entry. BUT I have some exciting news! I have now officially felt the baby move. It's been happening for a while but I was undetermined what it was for sure, now I'm positive. Everyone tried to describe it as little gas bubbles or a flutter but the best description I can give is someone tickling me with their nails but on the inside. Add the little voice saying "let me out" and it is down right creepy. Now that I've identified the feeling, it is happening almost all the time. Doesn't this lil'un sleep?

We had our first prenatal class. We are joined by 14 other couples who are ranging from 6 weeks pregnant to 32 weeks. It's the last series of classes until the fall so everyone is jammed in there.

The class... well, I feel that should preface these next statements with... Cory and I are cut the fluff learners. We don't want to spread out the joy of sitting in uncomfortable chairs learning redundant or irrelevant material. Give us the facts, answer a few questions and send us on our merry way. We do not require games to learn or *shudder* role playing. We can absorb a lot of information very quickly. Basically, Git'R'Done!

Back to the class. For the 8 week course, it is a bargain low price of $35. No complaints on the price. So one could say, each class is valued at $4.38 for 2 hour session. On the way home, we tried to determine what new items we had learned... We had a introduction game... I remember absolutely no names, so I didn't learn anything there... We learned how to tell if a baby was born to a smoker by appearance... kinda cool but no application in my life.... Most of the other stuff was long learned via the internet... but we came out with one gem... one useful item that neither of us knew... something that will impact our purchasing decisions...

Tums are better for the baby than Rolaids... Ta Da... 2 hours and $4.38 later... and to think I'm giving this away for free!!

3 comments:

pebblito said...

I skipped the classes with Mike. I figured anything he needed to learn, I could teach him.

Shelagh said...

Smart move!! This is gonna be a long 8 weeks.

DJSassafrass said...

role playing at pregnancy classes??? Total nightmare.