Wednesday 26 December 2007

Merry Christmas, The Final Chapter.

Well after weeks of panic and planning, the big day is finally done and I have a confession to make... This was truly one of the nicest Christmas's I've ever had.

We had a fantastic night with my family on Christmas Eve. We had a great meal but most importantly we had good conversation. I truly felt at peace surrounded by those I love most in the world.

Christmas day was a slow start after a wee bit of sleep-in. We headed down to Gwen's (Cory's mother's mother) and spent a few hours with Kathie (Cory's Mom) and Dave (Cory's Step-Father). They are always a fun time, full of laughter and silliness. They make Christmas into a sport with the amount of gifts they give.

At 3, we headed into Pat's (Cory's Father's mother) and spent a few hours with her and Steve (Cory's Uncle). I really enjoyed this visit. In the past few years, Cory and I have transitioned from children to adults in her eyes and now the conversation is absolutely amazing. Due to Christmas dinner plans at Gwen's, we could only stay for a few hours and then off again... I wish we could have stayed longed and will definitely be back for a visit soon.

Back at Gwen's, we ate way too much turkey and then napped with our eyes open in front of the television before heading back into the city.

Now I sit here with a kitty spending every ounce of his soul trying to convince me to go to bed... I guess I can grant his Christmas wish... I got mine!

No comments: