Monday 17 December 2007

So Today I turned 35...

Wow... 35 is a scary number...

Being 35 has already proven to be wiser. During my birthday dinner (which even though was before my actual birthday, I am giving credit to the wisdom of age), I dined with the members of my family who after years of experience, I know that I cannot tolerate the same level of spice as they can.

We ordered a selection of curries and had a free for all. Cory popped a piece of meat into his mouth and immediately began to hiccup from the spice... (Best quote of the night - that Curry can make you see through time). My mother, who has a spice tolerance unsurpassed by any living human, I'm sure, popped the meat into her mouth and immediately said... the top of my head is sweating... My brother who inherited my mothers tastes buds, popped a piece of meat in and immediately began hiccuping. His hiccups continued for quite some time... and Sarah who is the all time mistress of spice remarked... wow that is quite spicy. Then they looked at me to try it....

Not happening! I am 35 now... I now know that if all these spice contenders are remarking on the heat of a particular item, this is officially out of my range. I am no longer require to try it anyways to see how hot it really is... I am confident that I am unable to handle what they are peddling. I stood strong to the peer pressure. I made my wise decision and I still have both the lining of my mouth and stomach to show for it. I am so proud of myself.... this growing up thing has already started to pay off.

On the downside, I learned this morning that my absolute favorite pair of panties, the most comfy in all panty land, are, by Cory's standards... Grannies.

You win some, you lose some.

No comments: