Monday 2 March 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy - 14 weeks, 2 days

Today was my latest prenatal checkup. It was a little rushed as the doctor was on her way to the O.R. unexpectedly. I was totally ok with that... it could have been me in the O.R.

Here are my latest stats...

Urine - Perfect.... no protein, no sign of sugar issues.
Blood pressure - 110 over 60 (which is a bit lower than usual).
Weight - Up another 3 lbs. (with my boots on) for a total of 14 lbs.
Uterus - Measuring 14 cms (Perfect).

She told me my weight was doing fantastic but to be careful between 20 and 30 weeks. This is the ballooning time. She warned that I may wish to skip dessert... good thing I'm off the sweets... hope that lasts.

Test results - Dr. Butts report was clear of complications. Part 1 of the serum tests look good, the second part is blood work taken on March 13.

Thyroid was retested today to see if we have balanced it out... usually thyroid testing takes two days for the doctor to call me. So Wednesday is the day.

A request was put through for my 18-21 week ultrasound. That's the one that will determine blue stuff or pink stuff hopefully... as well as some medical stuff I'm sure.

Then we dopplered the heart beat... and OF COURSE I recorded it... Now should I upload... after this I'm all outta cool show and tell stuff.... Well here's hoping my witty repartee will keep everyone entertained for the next few months.


No comments: