Sunday 8 March 2009

Adventures in Pregnany - 15 weeks, 1 day

This was a super long week. It was my turn to work the weekend and this usually means a long week. 7 days in a row is a bit more than I am prepared for unfortunately. I can honestly say I was of no use at work today. I did my job but the extras were kept to a minimum... not my style at all.

For pregnancy this week, the only great thing of note was the incredibly painful shifting of my pelvis. I was sitting quietly at work when I had to get up and take the 1 step to the printer. I had a cramp that ripped through my lower abdomen took my breath away. The type of pain that makes you think about going to the emergency room. It slowly receded and what it left in its place was an really sore left hip. Cory says that he can see my pelvic bones have moved and the angle has changed. I'm really looking forward to the soreness to dial down. I know I'm completely out of alignment as my knee and ankle are becoming sore too.... This is sucky!!

On a happier note, we have started to acquire baby things. Today arrived a car seat and a bassinet, 2 strollers are coming later in the week. It's such a relief to have something. At this point, we can get the kid home from the hospital and he/she has a place to sleep for the first few weeks.

However, I think someone is in for a BIG shock in a few months!!




3 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Our cats were pretty pissed when we brought Hunter home. We were very surprised at how good they have been with him though. He harasses them so much, and only gets the occasional swat to the head or nip on the fingers.

And get used to that horrible pain!! The round ligament pain for me this pregnancy has been unreal.

pebblito said...

What do you mean? You didn't bring all that stuff home for THEM?????
Inconceivable....

24/7 said...

Our 2 cats are afraid of Daniel...

BTW Congrats, I should pay closer attention to your blog.