Monday 16 March 2009

Adventures in Pregnany - 16 weeks, 2 days

Everyday I receive my daily pregnancy emails. I generally don't think too much about them. I read them, collect the information I want, discard the information I don't think I agree with but today... today the email confused me...

The email was "Breastfeeding - Boosting your chances for Success". Cool, I plan on breast feeding so this should be helpful. I doing pretty good until I hit the key point #3...

Have a breast evaluation by a lactation consultant or other trained healthcare provider. They'll look for flat, retracting, or inverted nipples, which you may not be able to detect, and which can be corrected prior to baby's birth.

The line I'm having problems with is... which you may not be about to detect. One should be able to look at their own nipple and determine if it's an innie or an outie. Shouldn't they? Of course, this made me wonder if it was some kind of mystery affliction.

So, doubting myself, I google imaged inverted nipples. What I discovered is THIS SHOULD NOT NEED A PROFESSIONAL to identify!!!

I am pleased to announce my nipples are not inverted and I shall not be visiting a professional to verify this information. For those with inverted nipples, it can be corrected with a suction machine.

No comments: